Thursday, July 5, 2007

July the Fourth

Waking up at 330 am is not an option anymore. I can not do that to myself one more time. Getting up isn't the hard part. Its the rest of the day that is hard on me. So I wake up at 330 am, first thing that comes to mind: COFFEE! I need my fix, and I need it fast. I won't feel better until I get it and I only need a couple sips to tide me over and cure my grumpiness. I have a problem, I know it. I will not deal with it. Its my only addiction and I'm keeping it! The thing is, is that one day the news is preaching that coffee is a lifesaver, the next day it is the cause of cancer. I don't pay attention anymore. My coffee is my drug. I would inject it if I could.
We drove to the beach. Oh! There is another thing I will never do. I didn't drive but the person who did, oh jesus!, never again. I felt like it was my last car ride on this earth and I was actually contemplating blurting out to everyone that I loved them and hoped that we met in the afterlife. It was that bad. After we parked the car of death, we walked to the beach and picked up shells for half an hour and dipped our feet in the warm water. It was pure joy. Even though I griped about getting up so early, I'm glad I did because you haven't seen a sunrise until you've seen the sunrise on the beach. Its really something.
After the beach we went to go make fun of the waitresses at the IHOP and eat too. We returned some food becuase there was a hair in it. We even left a good tip just to show her whos boss. That'll teach her. But seriously the food was subpar. Next time we'll go to Denny's. Yay.
Later that night my friend invited me to go see some firecracker shows run by ten year olds. I couldn't ask for anything better. I could just see the news broadcast. "Ten year old gets fingers blown off", "Amazing photographer catches it all on film". It's the dream. Well, no such chaos ensued and we sat thrugh a mediocre show put on by ten year olds. Yes the parents were there but well, I suppose they were busy. Its the mexican way.
All in all the day was eventful and interesting enough for me to write about it. Maybe next year i'll buy the correct firecrackers (I bought the wrong kind b.t.w) and put on a great show by myself. Its the dream.

Photographs to follow:
lens flarepop and crack
enjoy the show

No comments:

freedom

freedom
YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF THE ROAD

Nevertheless

and Henceforth I shall remain truly yours...