Sunday, December 7, 2008

Come on down!


This is a series of blogs I will be posting about the people in my life. It will be a sort of analysis on personality, character and behavior. I will respect their privacy by changing a few names. But thats about it.

I will start of this entry by posting about Art, I met art in high school about four years ago. We never really hung out much during highschool untill probably our senior year. But even then it was sporatic. Only until later did we really become good friends. At first my impression of him was that he was just a nice guy. Nothing to spectacular about the guy. But the more we talked the more we realized how much in common we had. And a good sense of humor didn't hurt either. He can really vocalize what he is feeling and make it funny too. Nevertheless, at first meeting I didn't think we would be hanging out nearly everyday 4 years later. Weird how things turn out. He has his quirks of course. I suppose thats what I would describe him as, a quirk. He can be funny, he can be serious, never mean, never loud. Just sort of calm and chill. His personality is very relaxed and soothing I suppose. He listens very well and responds appropriately at times while at others very unappropriately. What I mean by that is that he knows how to be very forward about the things to do with the horizontal mambo (if you catch my drift).
He comes from a big family I suppose. I mean any family bigger than mine (3 people) I would call big. His brothers and sisters all share a house except for the older one who lives out of state. I think this had to do a lot with the seperation of the family is my guess. Ever since her departure the family has sort of drifted. They all in a matter of speaking, live like room mates. The mom is like one of the room mates aswell. She goes out just as much as the kids do and enjoys her self accordingly. This has made Art grow up drastically over the years. He had to learn how to fend for himself from an early age. Which isn't a bad thing. Not at all.
Hes a very independent person, yet he needs his other half at all times. I don't know if because he grew up this way he has had to rely on others more, emotionally that is. But I feel like he doesn't like to be alone.
Art is a very grown up person for just being in his early twenties. He likes the feeling of security and safety. Who doesn't? Yet all this I feel has made him miss out of some of the joys of being young and stupid. I know he will disagree with me on this point. But I believe that our twenties are those years to make our big mistakes and learn from them so our thrities won't be so bad. But yet again, we all have our own paths to follow and this is his. No judgement. Just analysis.
In more ways than one do I respect him. He is a very wise person. Knows how to give advice. His frugality though bothersome at times does come in handy. He is in a better financial state than I am because of it. So for that I give him his due respect. His passion for his career is what drives him. That is very admirable. I envy that because I still haven't found what I want from life. As all friends can be, he can be a pain in the butt too. A bit condescending at times. And to put it bluntly, a bitch. Yet I still like the guy. He is a good guy to have around and shoot the breeze with. Like right now. As I type this he is only steps away from me studying for finals while I write this very long diatribe on the guy. What a pal!
Art is art. You don't always have to get it. Just accept it for what it is. Art.

No comments:

freedom

freedom
YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF THE ROAD

Nevertheless

and Henceforth I shall remain truly yours...