Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Music Musings







Music: an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner


Its quite simple really. Yet so varying that I cannot fathom the types of music to be created by the human species.

I'm hooked on a few bands right now. I'll post a few of them right here.

1.Belle and Sebastian: An oldie but a goodie. Scottish pop. Favorite song: If she wants me

2. Yelle: For the past year i've been raving about this artist and now she is touring in the USA. Yea! Fave song: Tristesse/Joie

3. Boys Noize: Just that, boys noise. Its awesome electronic/bassy/crazy/jumpin'/freaky music that you'll love. Fave: And Down

4. Jens Lekman: Swedish folk pop. Awesome lyrics, oldie sound, very nostalgic. Fave song: Opposite of Hallelujah

5. Ryan Adams: Alternative Rock/Blues/Country. Very good lyrics, good string work. Fave album: Cold Roses

6. Dave Matthews Band: Jam Band. Cannot say enough about how much I love this band. Fave: So much to say.

I think thats about it for now. Listen to these artists if you get a chance. It will be worth your while.

No comments:

freedom

freedom
YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF THE ROAD

Nevertheless

and Henceforth I shall remain truly yours...