Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A bittersweet victory



Horray! Obama won.
Boo! Prop 8 passed.

I honestly do not care about peoples religious convictions on this matter, it is a basic right that should be afforded to everyone. No matter what sex you are you should be allowed to choose who you want marry. This will come back to haunt Americans in a way that I can't even forsee. Gays represent a large portions of Americas economy and they will be sure to use that to their advantage as a bragaining tool. Today California made a mistake by passing this proposition.
When blacks wanted to vote and whites said they couldn't, did they give up? No.
When women wanted to vote and men said they couldn't, did they give up? No.
I hope gays and lesbians don't give up. I know they won't because this is an injustice that should not an will not be overlooked.

No comments:

freedom

freedom
YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF THE ROAD

Nevertheless

and Henceforth I shall remain truly yours...