Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Soup of the Day


Blogs

What are they for? What purpose do they serve? Are they only a vehicle for our massive egos? A way to express our innermost superficial thoughts that we think others might deem "cool". Well I've had this blog for about two years now and I still yet to have found a following, or a theme. The title says Inquisitive Ponderings, which should mean that in every posting I pose some type of question. Yet, I do not. It is mostly some random thought and funny video or picture I find on the internet. Usually it is mostly me, bored and wondering why my life is the way it is. Nevertheless, it is my duty to pose the question. Why do we need blogs? I think it is a way for us to communicate our thoughts and opinions. Thats the simple explanation. The complicated one is that we have lost most of our connection to other human beings that we feel as though the only way to be heard is by voicing our thoughts online. Society relies substantially on technology, therefore avoiding their human relationships. They go online for everything. To shop, to waste time, to play, to find mates, to everything! Partly it is convenience that leads us to the internet. Technology rules our lives. That little PDA in our pockets has taken over! It is high time we put down that Iphone, and pick up a real phone, drop that ipod and put on a record, and shut down the computer and talk to your neighbor. Movies have predicted the future and it looks pretty bleak. I don't mean to sound all preachy, but what is wrong with a little human on human connection.
Done and Done.

2 comments:

Miss Yujin said...

I have a blog because I want to, like you said, communicate. But this communication is not necessarily received, meaning it can be one-way. I put my jumbled thoughts into words and instead of keeping it safe and locked up in a box (or a "folder"), I post it in the hopes of somebody reading it. If no one does, that's okay; as long as I calmed down/had fun writing, it doesn't matter who reads it.

mo said...

Yujin,
I agree with you, yet I still feel as though we have lost touch with our humanity. I for one want to ween myself off of all these networking sites. I still love my blog, my facebook, my myspace, but for my sanity and general wellness I need to cease to use some of those sites. Its a process, a hard one at that, but I will do it. Or succumb to the pressure of the masses and indulge even more! mwhaahahahahaha.
I don't get myself sometimes. But thats the joy of life. Or not.

freedom

freedom
YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF THE ROAD

Nevertheless

and Henceforth I shall remain truly yours...